Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Answer Is In Jesus

Wednesday was a really heavy day around the blog, so I'm feeling the need for some refreshing time just to rest in the Word.  I don't have a nifty graphic yet, so I'll just say

Welcome to Faith Walk!



I thought today I would just share with you a passage of Scripture that has been resonating with me of late.   It comes from Romans, chapter 7:
"I have discovered this principle of life—that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong." (verse 21)
Can you empathize with me in that?  Do you just find yourself trying to get things right, but end up messing up...AGAIN?  I love how the NLT phrased it..."I inevitably do what is wrong..."  As if, it doesn't matter how hard I try, I'm gonna get it wrong anyway.

Paul goes on to say,
"I love God’s law with all my heart. But there is another power within me that is at war with my mind. This power makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me." (verses 22 & 23)
And then he cries out,
"Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death?" (verse 24)
Here's where we get to the good part, my favorite verse of this passage:
"Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord!"(verse 25a)
 I love that... "The answer is in Jesus."

When someone feels like their life is beyond redemption... their answer is in Jesus.
When they feel like they're getting washed away by the flood of life... their answer is in Jesus.
When they don't know how they're going to make it through one more day... their answer is in JESUS.

And when I find myself giving way to the pull of sin on my life, unable to think and behave the way I know a Godly woman should, when I wonder how I'm EVER going to get it right... my answer is Jesus.

And suddenly the weight of the world lifts off my shoulders.

Jesus.
     Redeemer.
          Life Giver.
               Savior.
                    Friend.


What Scriptures are encouraging YOU today? Will you take a minute and share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

One-sided conversations are no fun. Post a comment and let's talk!