Friday, November 29, 2013

Extending the Season of Gratitude

Many of my friends are die-hard Black Friday shoppers.

I am not one, nor do I ever intend to be.  In fact, I really can't think of any sale that would inspire me to get up at the wee hours of the morning and stand in line only to fight off the crowds for something that I nor my kids really need.

No, I would really rather spend the day after Thanksgiving eating leftovers and putting up my Christmas decorations.

Don't get me wrong; I have no feelings of judgement whatsoever toward those of you who love Black Friday shopping.  (But don't get me started on all that is wrong with those sales starting on Thursday!!)  If that is something that you love to do, then by all means, go to it!

I just personally have a problem with spending Thursday focusing on all that I am thankful for, and then Friday morning abandoning that in pursuit of more stuff.  (Well, and my dislike of large crowds has a little something to do with it, too...)  I don't like that our attitude shifts so easily from thankfulness to...well... greediness, even of the smallest sort. 

Thankfulness is an attitude that should be intentionally cultivated throughout the year, and the Christmas season is no exception.

Want to know how my family and I strive to teach thankfulness in our home through the Christmas season?  Follow this link over to themarathonmom.com and read my article:  "Being Thankful Beyond Christmas."

Love to you all;  I am thankful for each one of you that takes the time to read my ramblings here at MyHeart!
~Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment

One-sided conversations are no fun. Post a comment and let's talk!