Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Truth About Yourself


photo credit: www.plumdoodles.com

Hello, friends!  Today I posted over on theMarathonMom.com an article entitled Detoxing Our Thoughts.  The entire month of January has been focused on detox over at Marathon Mom, and I thought it was important to focus on ridding ourselves of critical thought patterns.

Specifically, I think it is so very important for us to break the bad habit of thinking toxic thoughts about ourselves and about others, and to replace those thoughts with the Truth of who we are in Christ.

Here are a just few of those Truth statements revealed to us through the Scriptures:

I am not unlovable, but very loved... 1 John 3:1.
I am not a failure, but I have victory through Christ... Romans 8:37.
I am not ugly, but a beautiful temple where the Lord has chosen to dwell... 1 Corinthians 6:19.
I am not unwanted, but specially chosen by God and adopted into His family... Galatians 4:5-7.
I am not without purpose, but have been blessed by the Lord... Psalm 139:5.

These thoughts are true about each one of us, and there are so many more than what I listed! In fact, I have long been drawn to studying and writing about the truth of who we are and who God created us to be.  I have filed those articles under the Girl Talk tab, and in those articles you will find many more Scriptures to hold close to your heart as you begin replacing your negative thoughts with the powerful Truth of God's Word.

Please, take a few minutes to read my steps on Detoxing Your Thoughts over at MarathonMom, and then spend some time letting God's truth about who you are sink in to your mind and heart.

You are loved, my friend.  Don't ever believe anyone who tells you otherwise, even if that someone is yourself. 

"This is real love -- not that we loved God, but that He loved us 
and sent His Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins." ~ 1 John 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

One-sided conversations are no fun. Post a comment and let's talk!